Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Fall Corn Craft in Speech Therapy

This week in therapy we are making a cute fall corn craft "A-maize-ing Speech." I brought in a popcorn popper and with a little oil and popcorn kernels we had all sorts of magic. Below you can see our craft and how I set up the popcorn popper in my room. I used bulletin board paper to protect the carpet and I drew a line across the paper to give my students a visual for them not to cross while we were using the popcorn popper. We used kernels and glued them onto the corn craft. Use Elmer's glue all. That way the craft will not have to sit in your room to dry and they can walk out of the door and not lose all the kernels on the way to class.
This activity was so much fun. The kids loved seeing what happened to the kernels and I loved hearing all the vocabulary that the popcorn popper brought out! "This is awesome." "It's going to pop." "It smells so GOOD."

No comments:

Post a Comment